Rides to Remember
A few of my favourites...
NEW!
July 17, 2022
I have visited each of these castles seperately and on a beautiful July day, I went to all three... ► Read more
NEW!
April 03, 2022
It starts as if we're on another planet and ends looking like we've stepped back in time... ► Read more
NEW!
March 24, 2022
A return visit through the Brecon Beacons National Park following an epic route including the Taff Trail and the M&B Canal... ► Read more
NEW!
November 16, 2021
It was a typical November day in Wales, but with a surprising amount of colour left in the trees. I set out to plan a new Route to Ride... ► Read more
NEW!
October 14, 2021
About a mile southwest of Cardiff stand two neolithic burial chambers... ► Read more
NEW!
April 16, 2021
Join me as I journey across the Gwent Levels to Magor where I then explore a new route up through the oldest ancient forest in Wales... ► Read more
September 15, 2020
Having to stay local lead me on interesting adventure as I weaved up and down the valleys... ► Read more
August 23, 2020
From the Gwent Levels through Wentwood Forest, this ride through is packed with diversity... ► Read more
August 05, 2020
Take a look at my ride down to the city of Newport and then across our nations capital... ► Read more
UPDATED!
June 08, 2020
Following my recent post; "Ground Zero", I've continued exploring our little village... ► Read more
UPDATED!
March 13, 2020
From the historical significance to the breath-taking landscapes - this route has it all, and more... ► Read more
March 21, 2019
There's hardly much of a castle left, but what I found is still pretty cool... ► Read more
September 13, 2018
A setback became not only a test of endurance, but an adventure of a lifetime... ► Read more
UPDATED!
June 15, 2018
Shining like a silver coin sitting at the base of the Black Mountains, this unique lake... ► Read more
June 28, 2018
I got the notion in my head to climb a couple of mountains in the so-called Welsh Alps, on the same day!... ► Read more
UPDATED!
May 28, 2018
My first glimpse of this magical place was on a midnight ride to Mumbles... ► Read more
April 15, 2018
After two freezing winter months, the weather forecast improved and I made my way south for a day by the seaside... ► Read more
UPDATED!
August 10, 2017
This route become one of my main cycling routines, but it is also one of my favourites... ► Read more
June 21, 2017
Dean Piper organised and lead our ride. Joined by Gwen Smith and Vimal Madhavan; the Solstice was beautiful... ► Read more
June 17, 2017
It was to be my longest distance in a single-day ride to date. I left at 5am and returned home at midnight... ► Read more
April 19,2017
It was an epic day of exploring up one side of the River Neath and then back down the Tenant Canal... ► Read more
UPDATED!
March 23, 2017
Gelligroes to Wattsville, then Sirhowy Country Park; local haunts of a wandering cyclist... ► Read more
UPDATED!
March 16, 2017
Looking for an alternate route to Llangynidr became very interesting... ► Read more
UPDATED!
February 18, 2017
The morning was bleak, but in Wales - if anything; the weather is damn changable and sometimes that is all you need to know... ► Read more
UPDATED!
May 31, 2016
Few routes are worthy of this dramatic title, but ask most cyclists and they'll likely agree that this is one of those rides... ► Read more
July 19, 2016
Reflecting and re-cycling a life-changing route lasting 55 days... ► Read more
September 27, 2015
The weather was fabulous, the locations brilliant, and everyone had a great time out on their bikes... ► Read more
September 05, 2014
One of the best overnight cycle trips to one of the best camp sites I've visited. An awesome adventure... ► Read more
UPDATED!
August 31, 2014
One of my goals was to ride all of the main routes of the National Cycle Network... ► Read more
UPDATED!
December 05, 2013
A simple ride with a significant discovery created an amazing ride. This day was surprisingly epic... ► Read more
UPDATED!
August 01, 2013
Cycling the valleys where we live and discovering our Fair Country... ► Read more
August 21, 2012
With loaded panniers and lust for adventure we set out across Mid-Wales...► Read more